Tuesday, March 15, 2011

We Survived - Again.

Well this entire second week lasted as long as a blink of an eye. Its gone and over with and I still feel disorganized, but I can at least see some progress. Things are finally starting to slow down, but not much. We still run around like crazy.

I finally got the sleep I needed. I went to bed at 10:30 Friday and didn’t open my eyes again until my phone rang at 10:00 the next morning. Then I went right back to sleep and had a dream I have yet to determine the meaning of.

Chance and I were stranded in the ocean and we each had a big black box we were using to float.  I could see the lights of the coast getting closer.  A small boat with three men headed our direction. We were going to be saved. One of the men reached under the water with his foot and tried to pry my wedding ring off my hand.

We were not going to be saved, we were going to left to die in the hideous black water.  I fought and fought and my ring finally broke. I held onto the pieces between my fingers and wrestled my hand away.  I put the broken pieces of my ring in my mouth.

Then as dreams often do, or maybe I just don’t remember, everything skipped forward. We washed up on shore with nothing but the clothes on our backs and the broken pieces of my wedding ring in my mouth.  That’s all we had.

I there is good and bad in this dream.  It was so vivid and I don’t remember my dreams often, so I wanted to share it. It was terrifying, but we survived - again.

No comments:

Post a Comment